Thursday, July 12, 2012

a very special birthday.


and so it did indeed happen. my blake asked me to be his mrs. on july 3rd and my 25th birthday. it was exactly one year from the day that sweet boy asked for my number. i remember that day like it were yesterday. i was sitting in sacrament meeting alone on the end seat thinking of my newly 24 year old self and how i was sitting in a chapel when i didn't really want to be. when along comes a beauty of a sight with thick shaggy brown hair and asks if he can sit by me. i had seen him a week previous when he spoke in church and already had a brewing crush. after small talk and sacrament meeting of course he asked if he could take me out. and whilst cheering in my head i said yes and he wrote my number down on a piece of paper. that 24th year of my life was the best one i've had yet.


and no i won't go into a long detailed story of our raddest dating year. only that for our first date he took me to real salt lake game where we discovered our mutual love for classic rock and early 90's tunes. our taste in music is more than stellar if i do say so myself. the night ended with him taking me to his place only to show me his talent and house full of musical instruments. walls covered in guitars, violins, and old records. and then he played. his acoustic original he wrote. it is on youtube if you're interested. i'm proud so i can brag, you can see his music video here.
and after that first date we were never to part. you see, i loved this one right. loved him in the deepest way. and it may sound cliche, but soon i just knew he was the forever i'd been waiting for.


and so when the timing was right for us it happened. he planned it like a true romantic. and he is. he knows i love that sappy love stuff. the real tear jerker kind, and it really was. i love my blake. thinking back on where i have been as the 21 year old divorced girl, i now see the way it was to be intended. my pain had a purpose and boy was he worth it. worth every tear and prayer and dream i've ever dreamed. and the thought of eternity with blake sends fireworks off in my brain and just tickles my fancy. his face, his soul, his love for brown haired ponytails, and the way he calls me sisi. it's what my days are made of, and boy am i ready for all the things ahead. september 28 will be the dreamiest of days.

6 comments:

Cami said...

So happy for you!! Reading this made me cry!! It has been rough for you, and I am so glad you found your true happiness! I want only the best for you and Blake! He is one lucky guy!!!

Zac and Carla said...

Congrats from Zac and I !! :) That is so exciting!

Carly said...

Sierra! Congrats girl. I'm so happy and excited for you :)

The Terrys said...

Ohh I love this so much! I am so incredibly happy for you and wish you two love birds all the best!!!

Stefanie said...

Sierra, I am so happy for you! He sounds so amazing and that he makes you happy. You deserve it all.

Halo BW said...

Happy birthday!

https://www.butcherbarny.us/2020/11/pinjaman-online-renovasi-rumah.html